Wifi and network share issue - latest firmware

Hi,

I have a new live hub with the latest firmware installed.

I have the following two annoying issues:

1. Almost everytime I turn the device on for use, the wireless isn’t connected. I have to go to the setup and do the “previously connected” (or something like that…) and then I’m reconnecting…but why won’t the device try to reconnect on his own to its “Default” connection??(I also have an xtreamer device who does it and I’m sure that all other streamers will do the same thing…)

2. Similar to the main issue, from time to time, when I want to connect to a PC via the “network shares”, it’s like the device “forgot” the setting to connect to the computer - meaning the user name and password I defined when I used it before…eventhough I clicked the “remember” option…

Why does it happen? Is there a way to fix it? If not, Can you please make sure to fix it soon in some firmware???

Thanks!

Are you turning off the Hub by the front panel switch (hard off)? Just exiting to the Home screen and letting it put itself to sleep (soft off) is the best way to turn the Hub off unless you plan on not using it for an extended period.

I turn it off by the red button on the remote control. I shouldn’t do it like that?
is it better /recommended to just leave it on,and it supposed to get to “sleep” mode? (If yes,then how long does it wait to enter this mode and us there a way to set it?)

Thanks!

The red button is a soft off that will disconnect it from the network. I prefer to just let my hub go into sleep mode on its own so that it remains connected to the network and visible, but the HDD is spun down and the fan turned off. The front panel HD logo remains lit. I’ve been doing it like this since I got the Hub 2 years ago with no ill effects. It goes into sleep mode after about 5-6 minutes. This is not changeable.

Ok,thanks!

wolf1_o wrote:

Ok,thanks!

<---------------:wink:

A short press of the red button does not disconnect the drive in the hub from the network.

It happens to me,on a new device, once in a few days,between uses …

richUK wrote:
A short press of the red button does not disconnect the drive in the hub from the network.

Does it not turn the power to the USB ports off thereby turning power to a USB wifi adapter off? I’m not sure because I’m on a wired network and never use the red button.

Miami_Son wrote:

richUK wrote:

Does it not turn the power to the USB ports off thereby turning power to a USB wifi adapter off? I’m not sure because I’m on a wired network and never use the red button.

Nope…  it just puts it in standby.  Network and storage remain fully available.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Miami_Son wrote:

richUK wrote:

Nope…  it just puts it in standby.  Network and storage remain fully available.

Ahh. So, is there any benefit to turning it off that way as opposed to how I’ve been doing it all this time (leaving it on)?

after  shaereing  you  have to  go  windows media  player  libray  click  share    wd  tv  show  up  on  network

vesteve wrote:

after  shaereing  you  have to  go  windows media  player  libray  click  share    wd  tv  show  up  on  network

No you do NOT have to share it through Media Player Library. I have that turned off on my PC and the Hub see’s the Windows share just fine and the PC see’s the Hub’s drive just fine.