Wi Fi

Hi

Until recently I had my, My Cloud near my router and connected by ethernet cable. I have had to move my router and now cannot use ethernet to connect the My Cloud. Is there any way I can connect by WiFi from the My cloud unit to my router. I do not have the option of placing my My Cloud unit near my router and am stuck as to what to do. Any Ideas, please.

popkinson wrote:

Hi

Until recently I had my, My Cloud near my router and connected by ethernet cable. I have had to move my router and now cannot use ethernet to connect the My Cloud. Is there any way I can connect by WiFi from the My cloud unit to my router. I do not have the option of placing my My Cloud unit near my router and am stuck as to what to do. Any Ideas, please.

There is a way if you are not bothered about performance. as WiFi depends on our router and signal strength. Get something like this http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/WN3500RP.aspx#tab-techspecs

it is a wifi exender plus 10/100 ethernet port where you can connect the drive.

NOTE: searchfor better or less spec depends on your wireless router ( whether it is wireless N etc).

I use this to extend the wireless signal to the bedroom and to plug in old laptops which has no wireless. Performance is adequate for laptops and dont know how the drive will perform.

HTH