Why when i play a list of videos

Why when i play a list of videos with play or ok button when i press back or exit DOESN’T return to the video file i play last but it return to the first file of the list???

Is there any way to make it return to the latest video i play from the folder?

Hello, the is the way that the Live Streaming currently works. You can make the suggestion in the ideas board. 

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Ideas/idb-p/streaming_ideas

No you understand wrong it DOESN’T MATTER if the video files folder it is at network or at topic usb external hard disk.

fits79, when I’m playing a video file and I hit the back button it does take me back to the video I was just playing. Then if I hit play again it will ask me if I want to resume or restart. Where does the device take you when you hit the back button?

NO IT DOESN’T…

When you play back it take you back to the fist video you begin to play.

If you press play at see 7 video when you pressed back it take you back to the first video file you begin to see NOT THE LAST ONE.

It has the same behaviour with pictures :frowning:

If you press stop in the middle of your holliday pictures, you’ll never find the one you were seeing again, it gets back to the 1rst one you saw. It’s of no use this way, so I don’t use it.

EXACTLY THAT I WAS TELLING.

Because of that behaviour, I don’t use the next/previous video, neither I play a list of videos.

At the end of each video I’m watching, I press stop and manual select the next video in the list.

This is by design, I do blame the designer being blind.

Me i see a list of videos and because i can’t do anything else i see the file name of the last video it played so i know which video i see last.

I don’t use the media library.

My problem is that if I play a list or press next video/photo.

When press stop and get back to the video/photo list, the selection cursor is not updated to the last file/photo being played.

Me neither i use media library and me to do exactly the same thing because i believe it is programmed to do that and to change that maybe it add it to a future firmware update.

And another idea is to show the number of playlist video it played when we press the ok button.

What do you thing about this idea?

I put four short home videos into a folder (mp4s). I play any file in the list and then hit the back button and it takes me back to the list and the last video I was playing is highlighted. I hit play and it goes back to the beginning of the video I last played  - but it does not prompt me if I want to resume or restart. Perhaps the resume/restart doesn’t work with mp4s? I’ll have to try it with another format.

NO IT DOESN’T…
When you play back it take you back to the fist video you begin to play.
If you press play at see 7 video when you pressed back it take you back to the first video file you begin to see NOT THE LAST ONE.

What file format are your videos?

@ScottJ:

If you want to replicate the problem try this:

Put 4 videos in a pen (lets say they are named 1,2,3,4)

With the cursor select video 1

Press PLAY or OK

You start seeing video 1

Press SKIP NEXT (its the remote button at right position to the stop button)

You start seeing video 2

Press SKIP NEXT

You start seeing video 3

Press STOP

You get back to the video list, but the cursor is still position in video 1

The cursor SOULD BE positioned in video 3, it was the last video seen.

Its the same behaviour with the SKIP Previous.

Its the same with photos or videos.

PS: I’m just repeating what I posted before in this thread, but I hope somehow it’s helpfull to explain the problem.

my apologies, you’re both correct, the player goes back to the first file in the list.

So what is going on?

We STILL WAITING A SOLUTION TO THAT.

But i don’t thing it came because wd STOP SUPPORTING THIS PRODUCT even it was the latest media player even from the wd tv that it released firmware before some days so…