Why People get irate with a company

It has been a week since I could sign into Telus to view my bill. Some young programmer at Telus did something to the login process so the whole system is screwed and nobody has a clue to how to fix it because it probably works for some people and not for others. Since I was a programmer in my past, I know how to randomly click things to get things to work and i do things like clear the internet cache, try to login and logout randomly and wander all over the Telus Web pages to find…
a login button embedded within the advertisement of Fibre Optics to upgrade your Telus Internet Services to Fibre Optics. This login link worked allowing me to view my bill of which I am now saving it as my login link to Telus. This whole procedure of discovering this fix took me several hours; the other link which is the standard login page on “Welcome to Telus” is still broken.

ToysRUS recently updated their whole web site with a new look by rookie programmers. My lego order with ToysRUS, which is still in operation in Canada, was split into two orders of which one part of the order was under $50 which resulted in a shipping charge added to the total price plus for some unknown reason a tax of 14% was also added. Vancouver only has 12% tax. I spent an hour on the phone last week getting them to refund me these extra charges as well as cancelling the other half of my back ordered order. I still haven’t gotten back my refund yet.

Microsoft Windows 10 is forcing all PCs with Windows 10 to update which resulted in my 3 year security cam system with iSpy running, to crash and deleting my remote desktop app which wasn’t included in my Internet Windows 10 home, so I could not access my security book PC remotely. Spent 4 hours figuring out my iSpy setup on my IP cameras. Yup all fix now except it cannot be run remotely; will need to look into getting VNC and all the fixes to remove windows 10 updates again (a whole week of work).

A month ago, I logged onto the WD Community to answer an email that I got from a user and then I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to logoff from the WD Community. I wrote an irate post on the community general which got deleted right after I posted that I found it was under the user name.

These are all small things… can’t get access to my bill, a store overcharges me, my adhoc security camera system is broken, can’t find the log-out button? but they all add up…

and the ticking of my “my cloud personal” in my very quiet room… tick tick tick…