Why is WD Gouging me 35 dollars for Advanced RMA under warrenty?

why is WD Gouging me now… used to be good service the advanced RMA i just did the Advance RMA beinging of the month… i didnt notice in the email… but visa. charged me 35 bucks to do Advance RMA used to be free. what BS gouging is going on… costs me a fortune for hard drives and now they gouge me 35 bucks to send in a hard drive under warrenty "
The 25 Advance RMA Service Fee is a non-refundable charge that is separate from the amount that is withheld from your credit card. If WD does not receive your product(s) within 30 days from the date the replacement product was shipped, your card on file will be charged . If we are unable to charge your card, we will restrict your account from future Advance Replacement requests and void the warranty on your replacement product."

frigin BS guess last time i buy WD i bought it for reliablity and the Advance RMA not anymore really pissed off

1 Like

so here is my last Advanced RMA in March
" This is a confirmation of your RMA (Return Material Authorization) request.
RMA Date March 2, 2020

Please make sure to view our guidelines on how to package your product(s) for shipment to expedite your RMA.

Important Note
If WD does not receive your product(s) within 30 days from the date the replacement product was shipped, your card on file will be charged $88.7 . If we are unable to charge your card, we will restrict your account from future Advance Replacement requests and void the warranty on your replacement product."

so when did they start charging a 25 USD charge when its free… and of course WD isnt replying… i asked them since they were caught with Fraud with the SMR drives in regular nas drives… that they need the 25 dollars to cover the Class action law suit… thats what im thinking

1 Like

horrible

1 Like

I was about to do an advanced RMA and saw the notice of the fee, too… My next set of drives for my Synology box WILL NOT BE FROM WDC!

@tdcao ya i fought and told them for 15 yrs advanced RMA been always free… because i complained enough they gave 1 time refund for it… i asked and said if this a covid 19 fee…

because in the Past Advacned RMA could be done online and you use a visa. then it was gone, then it was you had to Call Tech support with your visa and then they process it (as of march ) thats when i had to call in… but since then they brought the advanced RMA online again before they said it was privacy issues and i gave them feed back they should bring back the advanced RMA online as we used to have it… but now it seems its a “convience fee” but i think its a covid19 fee… and they cant tell me if they be waving the 25 usd after covid is over pandemic at this… i like WD brand over segate they always been faster and i only get the GOLD RED PRO the Ultra (14TB) in the hard drives and the WD Blue SSDS as they been reliable to me for 20 yrs… i dont like the fraud they did with the Shingled drives of the RED NAS good thing i only buy the PRO or GOLD/Ultra for my NAS… but i told them it is an issue for my thinking of next hard drive as reason i took WD was the 3-5 yrs and the free Advanced RMA as no one else offers Advanced RMA everyone else is send it in first… reason i stuck with WD all this time… reliablity and the Advanced RMA … just hurt it costs now… as a regular customer not company but home user of there brands… soo who knows what the future brings for me… i do like my 12 and 14TB drives though

WD also keeps the $25 no matter what, even when the model is not in stock and it’s been months waiting… even if they cancel your RMA because they surprise you asking for proof with receipt, even though you bought it from a guy on craigslist, they do not refund your $25 fee. They don’t warn you they make demands after you place order, they don’t warn you that they will keep the $25 no matter what, they are absolutely stealing customers money at this point