Why is the WD My Cloud interface so outdated?

Why is the WD My Cloud interface so outdated?

No real “problem” per/se. But the ‘WD My Cloud’ interface is so cloodgy and outdated why hasn’t it been updated to somethign more relavent?

Are there any plans to provide a more precise interface that allow a consistent multi-select/copy/paste without perfomring a Refresh and deselecting all objects?

Is there an actual limitto seelcted objects in the interface as well as a copy/paste limit?

This is all in regard to a connected USB drive that I ammoving files to/from.

Select your server drive

Select several files (movies - 1.2 to 1.5 GIG)

Copy

Select connected USB drive

Paste

Results;

Some files will fail.

Some files will make it.

Reselecting the files from the core drive you have to wait for the display to fully refresh otherwise all selections will deselect and you have to start over.

Also, why can I not have 2 ‘WD My Cloud’ interfaces open at the same time?

This would address some of the issue.

Why don’t you map your devices into your computer’s file system, and use your OS file manager?

The apps aren’t needed for local access, and I suspect you’re not moving multi-GB about remotely…

The WD is mapped.

The drive connected to the WD via USB is not so I do not have access to it.

Is mapping through the WD to a connected drive a possible option?

If so, how do you mapp through a connected mapped device to a connected device?

Try p107 of the user manual:

Mapping A USB Drive (Windows Only)

Creating a Shortcut to the USB Drive (Windows only)

ps. If the only reason you’re connecting a USB drive to the MyCloud is just to transfer files, have a read of the advice on p113 as well.

If you’re connecting it to expand the storage, then map away…

offroadace wrote:

The WD is mapped.

The drive connected to the WD via USB is not so I do not have access to it.

Is mapping through the WD to a connected drive a possible option?

If so, how do you mapp through a connected mapped device to a connected device?

Yes you can map a drive that is connected to the USB port on the WD My Cloud. Once connected the drive will show up as a “Share” within the Dashboard, and as folder within the WD My Cloud folder list when viewing with a file management program like Windows Explorer.

That did it,…almost.

I had to change the network access settings on my computer and then I was able to see the networked drives.