Why is MyCloud still broadcasting SSDP (UPnP) messages with Media off?

After spending hours killing all the media thumbnail daemons that were causing infinite reboots I now have to deal with the MyCloud broadcasting it’s presence to my entire network every few seconds. Why? Off means OFF. Does anyone know which linux service to disable to stop these broadcasts? Thanks.

Hi,

maybe you can try logging to My Cloud and then execute the following command - it lists all open files with socket or IPv string in the output:

lsof | grep -e socket -e IPv

That should give you the list of all sockets and IP connections, and the 1st argument in each line is the process. Concentrate on the lines with the IP address which you are interested in… I hope this will help.

striker1211 wrote:

After spending hours killing all the media thumbnail daemons that were causing infinite reboots I now have to deal with the MyCloud broadcasting it’s presence to my entire network every few seconds. Why? Off means OFF. Does anyone know which linux service to disable to stop these broadcasts? Thanks.

Would need to see the contents of the SSDP packets to know why.

The packet you have highlighted is not a broadcast – that’s a connection between your PC and the My Cloud.