Why is my transfer speed so slow on wireless network :-(

You might want to share a little more info than just putting something in the subject.  Like what kind of wireless network you have.

There can be many reasons for that, without any information about your type and setup, it’s impossible to say, but wireless is mostly much slower than wired!

You still need to put something in the box below the “Subject”.  If you don’t share a little more info, you probably want get much help.

byson1984 wrote:

That helped a lot :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry dont know what happened with the above :smiley: Ive got a wireless router a laptop and a belkin dongle in hub. Iam getting slow speeds but can access drive on wifi. I cant see theme folder or anything for the hub to put new themes on but can drop data on. Is there a way to see the theme folder??

byson1984 wrote:

Sorry dont know what happened with the above :smiley: Ive got a wireless router a laptop and a belkin dongle in hub. Iam getting slow speeds but can access drive on wifi. I cant see theme folder or anything for the hub to put new themes on but can drop data on. Is there a way to see the theme folder??

On perfect wireless conditions you can have transfers around 10 mb pr second, but again it requires that your router is at least N and off course dongle also does + a strong signal, otherwise use a cable on gigabit whenever you need to transfer many and/or big files.

About the theme folder, you need to make sure that hidden files is set to visible in Windows folder options, then look for a folder named  .wd_tv  on the hub, if there isn’t a folder inside called theme then create it and put your themes there.

You should now be able to switch themes on the hub!

Perhaps you expected too much - like me :slight_smile:

I have a G-setup, and get on average slightly below 1 MB/s  (that’s megaBYTES - a 10 MB file takes around 12 seconds to transfer…)

This is pretty much what to expect from a G-network setup… Moving large files, I use and external harddisk…

zballz wrote:

Perhaps you expected too much - like me :slight_smile:

I have a G-setup, and get on average slightly below 1 MB/s  (that’s megaBYTES - a 10 MB file takes around 12 seconds to transfer…)

This is pretty much what to expect from a G-network setup… Moving large files, I use and external harddisk…

I’ve got wireless N, but because of the distance, walls etc. my signal is a bit weak so I’m getting roughly the same transfer speeds like you, but when I hook my computer up with a 20 meter cable on gigabit, then I’m getting 10-15 times faster transfer, I even suspect that it’s a little faster than usb-transfer speed :smiley:

Whats a G setup is that another name for wireless router? Also what ethernet lead do i need and is it easy to setup to laptop. I can not see any folders when accesing drive from laptop to drop themes for hub on. Is there something iam doing wrong cheers

Hi all,

I’ve just bought this nice device and connect it to my Apple Airport Extreme MC340 using Gigabit Ethernet port.

My Asus A8Sc notebook is also connected to Apple Airport Extreme using Gigabit Ethernet.

One thing I don’t understand is why the transfer is so slow ~ 10 Mb/s.

While connecting wirelessly i have ~ 8 Mb/s

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for quick answers

byson1984 wrote:

Whats a G setup is that another name for wireless router? Also what ethernet lead do i need and is it easy to setup to laptop. I can not see any folders when accesing drive from laptop to drop themes for hub on. Is there something iam doing wrong cheers

You may want to read this to get some insight:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2347539,00.asp