Why have app settings disappeared on My Cloud?

Recently, I was having a problem with the ability to add an app on a new My Cloud device (8TB). I addressed that on this thread…

…I have been able to add additional apps under the apps section on two others I have… another 8TB My Cloud and also a My Cloud Mirror. While bulk uploading stuff to the new drive, the ability to add (or remove) apps under the app section disappeared on my other My Cloud. It still has that option on the My Cloud Mirror.

I’m certain I was able to before because I added Plex to both of those devices when I got them… and then when I got this new My Cloud I tried to add Plex app to that too and that’s when I noticed that option isn’t available on that particular drive.

But why or how would that option to add apps disappear on a My Cloud device that previously had that option?!?

Any help or feedback on this matter is greatly appreciated.

As far as I am aware, you’ve never been able to add apps onto the MyCloud V1 or V2 unless you use one of the ‘hacks’ to enable it.

My suggestion, visit the Learning Center, choose the device you are talking about and read the User Manual to find what it will or will not do.

http://learn.mycloud.com/

@nnnn_mm Thanks for the reply but this has nothing to do with the My Cloud Mirror. And the section you quoted is actually not even in this thread - it appears highlighted in the thread link that is part of the body.

And thanks for the other replies but herein lies the problem, which is why I am posting. I WAS about to add/run the plex app on one of the My Cloud 8TB single drives I own. Then all of a sudden the other day the option to add apps DISAPPEARED.

As stated above, the gen1/v4 firmware MyClouds do not have, and never had, the ability to officially install apps via the Dashboard; that facility was introduced in gen2/v2 firmware.

The gen2/v2 firmware MyClouds have the ability to install a very limited set of apps (just two, IIRC). It does not have the ability to install Plex app. The gen2 Mirror can install Plex.

There is a hack that can be performed to allow gen2 MyClouds to install apps:

That should have read WAS able, not WAS about. My mistake on that.

Well, I was running it. So I guess it will be catagorized as an unexplainable phenomenon.

Thanks for the info on the workaround for it. I may or may not try it depending on what info I can get on the Plex forums regarding this matter. If it’s not possible to get Plex to work without turning my computer on then I won’t bother. My intention here is to be able to access the files remotely without having to turn my computer on. The way I understand it, if I can get the plex media server apps installed on each of my devices then I may be able to run the Plex app and access the drives without having to turn/leave my computer on.

So that’s why some of these questions I’m having are overlapping between topics and forums.

Thanks so far for everyone’s replies and creating this dialogue.

Plenty of discussion of Plex in the past, including methods to install it, even on gen1/v4 devices. Maybe you previously used one of these methods?

https://community.wd.com/search?context=category&context_id=105&q=Plex