Why does it back up the files in a chaotic order?

Im wondering why it doesnt have a simpler way to back them up…

For example: a music folder, a pictures folder, a programs folder… ect.

My music is spread out over 5 folders that are titled things like"asdfkujh2a6813516x3ea"

Why does it do this?

I mainly have this for photos and music.

Is there a way to just erase everything on the drive and drag over my music and photo folders by them selves?

This software is kooky! haha

thanks in advance

The easiest thing to do if you gave up on smartware is to just reformat and start clean. First remove a password if you set one. If it’s Windows You want NTFS http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3865

Joe

And after following what Joe said, try using Microsoft SyncToy to sync what ever the folder you need as a mirror image.  (No need of Smartware)

Remember, SyncToy is a sync software. If you delete/rename any item in either of location, it does the same on other location when you sync next time.

Mabikay - SLK

Note: Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the ‘Accept as Solution’ button for the post that solved your issue.

thanks fellas!

www.iainstone.com

Can someone explain why the software does this? I dont know why this would be considered good. All my files are backed up, but they are mixed up like crazy.

www.iainstone.com

Who knows why anybody would think this was a good idea. Sadly there is nothing you can do about it. Like Mabkay said Sync Toy would probably be better.

Joe

I will check out synch toy. THanks!

subanots wrote:

I will check out synch toy. THanks!

I don’t know if you are still using SmartWare at this point but earlier versions would back up files by content type rather than the way you saw it on your computer.  Version 1.3 and above store your data in a more readable structure.  The current Windows version is 1.4.3.4, however.