Whole System Freezes when Externally USB connected HDD’s fails

Our Server Freezes suddenly when one of the external WD My Passport USB Hard disk connected fails during the backup process. The Server stops responding and can be shutdown only if we long press the power button. The system starts responding if the corrupted drives are disconnected.

We have checked this link windows - Why do damaged hard drives freeze the entire system? - Super User

But the external drives are connected to USB port of the Motherboard via a USB hub and not SATA.

We have other 3.5 inch External drives that don’t cause the problem, it just that the 2.5 inch External Hdds that are causing the problem.

Are there any methods to avoid this system freeze if when WD External USB drive fails?

Details :

Motherboard : AsrockRack Server Board EP2C612D16NM-2T8R

Usb hub : Transcend bus powered hub

Harddisks used : WD My Passport (2.5 inch)

Hi @It_Researcher,

Please refer below link to test health of your drive using Western Digital Drive utility:
Link: How to Install and Use WD Security and WD Drive Utilities Features

Freezing of a hard drive is one of the common problems that anyone could face if the hard drive is failing or developing large number of bad sectors. Further, to know more about the methods or steps to to fix the freezing of hard drive, I suggest you to check the below link:

Hope it will help.