White Led... (yeah, another one)

Hi guys,

Haven’t had issues with 4TB MyCloud so far. 3TB of data. Running firmware 3.x, everything fine.

It just stopped being accesible from Windows Explorer (though dashboard worked). So I rebooted for first time in almost a month. After that, the *** went white led. Stuck there for a couple of hours now.

No IP assigned, not accesible from dashboard or SSH.

So, I’ve read different opinions:

1. Wait for it, because NSA gnomes are going through all your files in search for **bleep**. This may take over 30 hours.

2. Return to RMA.

3. Dissasembly and unbrick it.

4. Burn it and jump over it’s dead body.

Since I NEED that **bleep** data and know the RMA service in Argentina, they would just give me a new one… After a month (if I’m lucky), I don’t think I’ll take that aproach.

Comments, ideas? blasphemies?

Sorry to hear you are having problems accessing your files? Have you tried to contact tech support directly for assistance on this? They might be able to help with some options. 

http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp

Have you tried force rebooting again? And if that doesn’t work, the rear reset button?

Else if you really need the data, you might consider to disassemble it to unbrick.

jubei04 wrote:

Sorry to hear you are having problems accessing your files? Have you tried to contact tech support directly for assistance on this? They might be able to help with some options. 

http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp

Hi. Last time I tried contacting support, took them months to reply. Let’s just say that support is… unsupportive.

Hi Naza78, thanks for your reply.

Yep, tried both. No change so far.

Guess I’ll leave it as it is until I make myself some time to dissasembly it. :@

Sorry for the lost. Your data should be ok, hopefully. The unbricking process is actually quite easy ½ - 1hr process provided you have all the prerequisites (checkout my sig). I done it a few times…

Nazar78 wrote:

Sorry for the lost. Your data should be ok, hopefully. The unbricking process is actually quite easy ½ - 1hr process provided you have all the prerequisites (checkout my sig). I done it a few times…

Thanks. I guess I’ll have to go with it. Maybe during the week or next weekend.

GRRRRRRRRR

did you try a system only restore? it is worth a try 1st

If you mean the pin-reset, yes…

the system only restore which is either from the menu or pulling the plug, holding the reset as you plug it in and continue holding fo 40 seconds.

this leaves data & shares but deletes users and resets passwords and everything else to factory defaults

Yep. Obviously from the menu is not possible. But I’ve already tried the other aproach. Nothing happens, though.