White led never stops blinking HELP!

Hi to everyone, i just get yesterday a WD My Cloud 4tb, and when done as instructed in the user manual, the frontal panel led NEVER stops blinking white.

It is suposed to turn solid blue, on about 3 minutes, but nothing.

I tried conecting to the router (tp-link WR1043ND v1 00000000), then to the laptop via the ethernet cable, but nothing.

Then tried de 4 seconds “on” reset and the one off-to-on while presing 40 secs reset. Somewhere over this forum, one user said that the unit may take up to 20 minutes to reload… well, i let it hours by now and nothing.

Any suggestions? May i have a faulty wd unit?

By the way, i dont hear ANY sound of spinning hard drives, but its my first wd my cloud, so again, i don t know.

Greetings in advance.

You should not notice the hard drive running… but in the spinup you should notice something

I would return it and exchange for another one

DavidSucesso wrote:
You shouldnt not notice the hard drive running… but in the spinup you should notice something

I would return it and exchange for another one

No, definetely no spineup sound. 

So it does read from the hard drive in the start up. I wasn t sure of that. 

Other question: Would the white led change its color if the device is not attached to the lan or ethernet port in the pc???

The User Manual, indeed, diverge from its English Version to the Spanish Version in the OFF rebooting instructions. I think that must be a translation mistake.  

I went to the shop this afternoon and they offer me a brand new unit  without any questions. However, i asked them to test the new one, because the shop is far away from my job.

So, they tested the old and the new one, realizing the unit was fine, the whole problem was a faulty transformer that didn t reach the needed voltage for starting up the unit properly.

Once attached to the router, all my pcs detected the drive instantly. Now installing the wd soft. I think i ll be very happy with the purchase!!!

Pd: Pleasee pleasee pleasee WD folks make an app available for downloading .torrent filesss within the MyCloud device!!! 

new and broken power supply ?

bad luck i guess