Which version MKVMerge do i need for Mac Osx 10.6.4

About the sound issues which version of mkvmerge do i need for Mac Osx 10.6.4?

Also can someone explain me how to remux step by step please maybe with some pics please.

I have bought this media player because it WAS a product for dummies!

I am very disappointed in WD if i can not remux ( i do not have a clue what it means?) i am thinking to return this product and choose another mediaplayer which play all MKV files without MKV problems.

There is something i do not understand it is an easy fix for WD just a simple update my question is why are they so unwilling to do this?

I thought this company was reliable and offers service?

You’re assuming too much.  No one has said WD is unwilling to fix it.

Second, I am assuming you’re talking about the issue of No Audio after a file is muxed with MKVMerge 4.1.

First off, you need to determine if this is the reason for your problems.  If YOU didn’t do the remux, then it’s DOUBTFUL that’s the issue.   If it was created BEFORE july 1, it’s doubtful that’s the issue.

MEDIAINFO will tell you what the “Writing Library” was.  If it reports that it was MKVMERGE 4.1 or higher, then it’s POSSIBLE that’s the issue.   If it’s 4.0 or Lower, it’s DOUBTFUL that it’s the issue.

So, look into those things and let us know what you find.

>>>> ) i am thinking to return this product and choose another mediaplayer which play all MKV files without MKV problems.

Good luck with that!  You’l be on a fruitless search.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

>>>> ) i am thinking to return this product and choose another mediaplayer which play all MKV files without MKV problems.

Good luck with that!  You’l be on a fruitless search.

To elaborate on what Tony is saying, currently no media player can handle this issue – apparently the author of mkvmerge knows very well that he is “breaking” the playback for them but is fine with that (because he wants them to change their firmware).

So – don’t get your panties in a wad.  As Tony says, if this is the problem it can be easily fixed (and avoided).  If not, we can get you straightened out (because the Live plays MKV files superbly… if they are authored correctly).

Do not get me wrong please.:wink:

But you are writing WD is not unwilling to fix it, so when is the update?:smileyvery-happy:

Fair question i think.

Also i did ask someone else with the same file and problem (no sound) he installed the MKV MERGE program for windows,start muxing (?)  problem solved.

Take some notice about the question mark because i do not have a clue what it means?

First i need to find the  correct MKV merge GUI version for Mac Osx?

So which one do i need and where to find?

Maybe it is too much to ask but some kind of a manual step by step would be appreciated.

Because i am afraid when i have installed this tool i do not have a clue what to do.

I know it sound stupid but i have absolutely no skills with computers sorry.

Is it allowed to show some pictures?

Someone gave me picture but still???

The tittle of the file is not shown of course 

Well, I don’t know anything about Macs, but I can tell you that here’s where it’s at:

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html

Thanks appreciated.:wink: