Which Routers

i bought WD TV Live  tw days before and also buy Linksys WUSB600N USB Wireless Adapters now i need to buy router. i check already check  http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3805 this for router model and version number but here (where i’m living now ) can’t get any listed router. i have two option 

Linksys WRT320N  or Belkin N+ Wireless Router ( F5D8235-4 )

i need to know now is those router work with my WD TV Live and Linksys WUSB600N USB Wireless Adapters. and which router will be best for me … Linksys or Belkin N+

please let me know about

thanks

If the reouter is not listed under the compatibility list it won’t work. You need to use one of the list.

Nesvic wrote:

If the reouter is not listed under the compatibility list it won’t work. You need to use one of the list.

Thats not strictly true, the list contains equipment that has been tested and found to be compatible with the WDTV, this does not mean that other equipment will not work.  For instance I have a Netgear DG834G router which is not on the list but works perfectly.

I’m using a Netgear WNR3500L, which is also not listed but works well with a wide range of WD products.

I am using a Netgear WNDR3700 which is not on the list, however it has been working fine for over 6 months. I use it with the same Linksys/Cisco WUSB600N V2 wireless adapter that you bought…works great. 

I have my wdtvlh plugged into a D-link DAP-1522 which I have configured as a bridge. The bridge connects wirelessly to my router, a Linksys WRT54G running DD-WRT. Neither device appears on the list (WRT54GL and WRT54GC are on the list) but work.

We seem to be on a roll here.

I have my WD Live (1.03.49 V)  plugged into a Netgear Pro Safe gigabit switch, which is in turn connected to a DGL 4300 router from Dlink, neither of which are on the list. Served from a Mac Pro via Samba from an HFS+ (Journaled) drive. The TV is HDMI (video only) to an old Protron 37" that won’t do 1080p, has “center cut” burn in, and desparately needs replacing. Optical audio goes to  a shiny new Pioneer VSX 820 and out through my Yamaha NS 10 speakers  (Minimus 7 for center speaker). I’m slowly getting to surround and HFE …

Everytning chugs along quite happily.  But, it never occurred to me that it wouldn’t. The Pioneer, like a lot of AV receivers, won’t decode AAC 5.1, but that’s a different thread, and I have some nice software that converts it to AC3 with the channels all nicely mapped in the right order.