Which product to buy?

Dear WD community,

I would like to buy a WD product but I am not sure which one would be best.

I was thinking of a 4TB mirrored hard drive which is not going to be used as a time machine. I want it to be a server. A server which I can access wirelessly from my MacBooks and iMacs and maybe even the iPhones. I would also like to have Cloud storage. Preferably the Cloud storage should mirror the server (is that possible?).
The Cloud storage should be a backup of the server in case the house burns down or similar, that my files are still somewhere backed up in a cloud.

The files (all types, not only videos and images, could be anything) should be easy accessible from the Cloud storage or from the server at home.

Is MyBook Duo the right product or which product would you recommend?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Steph

It would not be the right product since it is not compatible with the WD My Cloud app for remote access, and does not have media server features.

I’d recommend a WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra or WD My Cloud PR2100 for your needs. However, for the off-site backup would would need a second unit.

https://www.wdc.com/en-um/products/network-attached-storage/my-cloud-expert-series-ex2-ultra.html