Which firmware with microvision of?

Hi I am a new here and I want to know  which firmware  I can use in wd tv live plus  media player with microvision of please.Thanks

Emiliano wrote:

…player with microvision of please.

What does that mean?   Are you talking about MACROvision?

Yes, the Live+ does use Macrovision on the ANALOG outputs for things like NetFlix and I beleive all the other premium content, too.

I doubt WD is going to release a firmware with the protection disabled on anything their licences require them to output as protected.

In any case, wouldn’t this be a function of the content and/or source provider and nothing to do really with the WD TV Live as I would suspect it does not inject this into the stream? I could be wrong, but that’s my guess.

I assume the OP means “OFF” rather than “OF” as well as the “micro” vs “macro” change.

dosborne wrote:

In any case, wouldn’t this be a function of the content and/or source provider and nothing to do really with the WD TV Live as I would suspect it does not inject this into the stream? I could be wrong, but that’s my guess.

No, the Macrovision is in the Vertical Blanking Interval of the analogue signal.  In terms of a standalone DVD player, it’s up to the player to see that the disc wants Macrovision applied, and then turn on the Macrovision on the analog outputs.  The protection isn’t really in the digital stream at all.  I’d have to assume that it works the same with the WDTV, and the Sigma chip has to turn on Macrovision for the outputs when playing a stream that requests protected analogue outputs.  (Or, it could be the converse, and the Macrovision is on by default unless the WDTV makes the choice to disable it for unprotected content.  Either way the end result would be the same.)

Thanks for the clarification, I learned something today :slight_smile: