Which files are backed-up

hello

I can MyBookLive - installation was fine - back up using WD Smartware works fine

my questions are: 

how can i verify which files have been backed up ?

I have a multiple account PC, would all the data from all the account be backed up ?

I have also an external drive (USB) which is usually plugged in : can this one also be backed up (when plugged)? how can i retrieve the back up files of the external drive if i lost it ?

many thanks

No not all the accounts, only the current user when Smartware runs and the “All Users” things.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36​44/:

The WD SmartWare software excludes user folders and files that are exclusively owned by other users.  The following user folder hierarchies are the only allowed user folder hierarchies:

Windows XP

• Current user’s folders and files under: “<boot-drive>:\Documents and Settings&lt;current-user>”
  • All Users folders and files under: <boot-drive>:\Documents and Settings\All Users

Windows Vista and Windows 7

• Current user folder and files under: <boot-drive>:\Users&lt;current-user>
  • All Users folders and files under: <boot-drive>:\Users\Public

I don’t think you can see the backed up files from within Smartware, but I believe if you just Explorer to the WD Smartware.swstor folder you can browse it and view the files.

so if i want to back up the full computer, i need to run WDsmartware for each user account, correct ? do you know how i back up and how i retrieve the content of an external drive ?