Which connection is the fastest?

Hallo all!

As far as I understand version 2.02.93 supports AFP, NFS, SMB and FTP protocols for transferring files. My task is to transfer large amount of data between my PC and my ShareSpace using Gigabit Ethernet connection (with jumbo frame) as quick as possible.

Can you advice me the connection that is the fastest for data tranfer please?

The Gigabit Ethernet would be the fastest it transfers up to 1000 Mbit/s when in a GigE network.

Yes, this is my case. All clients of my LAN work with Gigabit Ethernet network adapters.

My question is different. When transferring large amount of data I’ve noticed that NFS connections works slowly than FTP. So I assumed that there is an optimal protocol allowing to transfer the data as fast as possible.

Have you done some tranfer (read and write tests) with differect protocols of ShareSpace?

Lawrence wrote:

The Gigabit Ethernet would be the fastest it transfers up to 1000 Mbit/s when in a GigE network.

This is a grossly misleading statement. The Sharespace is incapable of transfer rates anywhere near the capacity of a gigabit network.

GuiGuy wrote:

This is a grossly misleading statement. The Sharespace is incapable of transfer rates anywhere near the capacity of a gigabit network.

> Read the documentation…

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705006.pdf

Lawrence wrote:

GuiGuy wrote:

> Read the documentation…

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705006.pdf

• *> What does that prove? WD makes claims about the sharespace that simply do not stand up. I’ll put the challenge out again; please provide independently scrutinized test results, and the circumstances under which they were achieved, that support WD’s claim that the sharespace is capable of sustained gigabit transfer speeds.> The best I ever saw on a sharespace was about 6mbps out and 4mbps in (my neighbours network yesterday, gigabit lynksys router CATe cabling).  My QNAP and THECUS both perform at many times that speed.> >

At best, the Sharespace will give you 30 MB/s speeds, told here by WD staff members on the community.

That’s why I love my MyBook Live <3