Where is "remote server" gone?

Hi all, I wonder if someone can help. I have purchase two MYCLOUD devices. l the 2TB version, they are both running firmware : 2.21.119 which is the latest one I believe.

I have one in one house (my house) and another in family members (house) and I am trying to get them to sync data together. I have followed all the instructiion here, and I am failing with “Enabling Remote Server” area of the system.

http://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=11807#inibacos3

There is no Remote Server option area on either of my Cloud boxes?

Can anyone come back to me with my next options as this is where its failing - because I need to set this up and put a password on it??

Thanks in advance

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and read the ‘applicable devices’ list; it starts with the Mirror. Basic MyCloud doesn’t support remote backup.

1 Like

do you think this will be supported in future , upgrades of firmware? its a shame its not supported with this hardware.

do you think if i purchased “mycloud mirror”, i could use this one as “remote server” and keep the use the normal "mycloud product and sync between both systems? or do I have to purchase 2 x “mycloud mirror” products?