Where can i purchase Remote control for WD TV Live SMP in India

I got my WD TV Live SMP with a faulty remote. Where can i purchase a Remote control for WD TV Live SMP in Bangalore, India?

Thanks,

Simon Mandy

Hi Simon,

I would suggest you to go for a universal remote maybe  harmony 200/300, the wd remote may cost you 600-700 bucks which is more well spent on an universal remote, now with Indian online shopping scene booming you will get a good bargain. I got harmony 300 for Rs. 949 with discount coupons. It is used to control my tv,stb,dvd player and wd live hub.

Config is super easy with logitech online database, just select device and upload to you remote, later you can keep away all the other remotes.

btw If you got your wd live recently then did you check for a replacement. 

ZeRo

At present i am using my sony ex720 remote to control wd tv live smp (HDMI CEC enabled) but not all functions can be called using that (eg, power off/on, subtitle, options menu, eject and so on.) . And i there is a lag when browsing different items in the menu (same with keyboard)

With harmony 300 can we do all the above features or all functions which wd tv live smp’s remote can perform?

I got my wd tv live from abroad, so cannot claim warranty. (infact, i tried calling customer care, they say take the product to the shop where i purchased, which obviously i cant)

sim_tcr wrote:

I got my WD TV Live SMP with a faulty remote. Where can i purchase a Remote control for WD TV Live SMP in Bangalore, India?

Thanks,

Simon Mandy

Call Tech Support.   They should send you a new one.

Yes it supports all functions, harmony remotes are the epitome in remote tech, once you get one you wont return to the original ones.  The remote can be taught the signals if already not available in logitech database.

The advanced ones like harmony 900 gives you touch color display on the remote with macro programming and what not. But that is expensive, I was cheap and did not require all that tech so got  300 and it supports all my devices(4).

the 900 supports upto 15. Better if you have HT, receiver, ps3/xbox  etc.

I totally agree with using a Harmony remote. I use a Harmony 550.

hade one for years but had a roommate who broke it, found a new one for bout $50 online.

check em out. some are kinda pricey like ZeRo_wd says so shop around if you do want one.

sim_tcr wrote:

Thanks,

Simon Mandy

If you bought it new can’t you just return it to where you bought it and get a replacement?

if you’ve got an iphone or an ipad, download the wdtv remote. It’s much better than the cheap remote included with the wdtv live

Like they said you have few options

1. Try on ebay.com

2. Ipad / Iphone

3. Android Phone - use wd app. ( I am sure you will have an Android phone.)

I use the phone app for remote control, instead of the bulky one supplied by wd

Checked in ebay, remote costs 2718 Rs. I bought the media player full set for arounf 5K Rs

No  Ipad / Iphone

No  Android Phone

So at present i decided to adjust with my USB Keyboard and sony ex720 remote (with HDMI CEC)

Thanks everyone for replying.

I opened my faulty remote , it was made by  KING WINS Technology. ( http://www.kws.com.tw/media/banners/kws17-3328-o.jpg)

At the bottom of the PCB, there was square shaped capacitor shaped thing, it has two legs, one of the leg was broken from the board. I soldered it back and remote started working.

Thanks to all who replied.