Where are WD2go iPad downloads?

When I select files in wd2go and hit download on my  iPad where do the downloads go? I see them in the downloads tab but can’t do anything with them. I am trying to download pictures I and edit them in iPhoto on my iPad. is that possible? Please help. 

thanks!

View the photo.

Then, hit the ACTION button in the far upper right.

Select Open With…

Select iPhoto.

OK. Then that’s the problem. These are raw pics that wd2go doesn’t recognize so I don’t get any photo app options. All I get is Dropbox, justcloud (my offsite backup), or PrintDirect (a useless printing app I need to delete). Is there a work around? Through Dropbox maybe? i will try that. By the way these are big files, one pic is about 15MB.

Thanks for the help.

Didn’t work in Dropbox. Same thing happened there.

The types must be compatible with iPhoto in order for the WD 2go action menu to include iPhoto as a suitable app.

Well, I thought they were compatible since it will import them and you can see them but upon further inspection, they are technically incompatible. That’s the problem. Thank you.

Right; they can be imported via iTunes, at least…

Easiest work around is to use the Save As feature to save the downloaded (cached) file in a known folder location on your device.  You can then open it with your choice of application.

idgarza wrote:

Easiest work around is to use the Save As feature to save the downloaded (cached) file in a known folder location on your device.  You can then open it with your choice of application.

iOS doesn’t work like that.