Where are they?

Okay. So now my 2 drives are recognised, and I have been able to unlock them. Trouble is I can’t see them anywhere. They are not on my hard-drive lists in “My Computer”. I can’t open anything from those drives, it says there is no path. Where the hell have they gone??? It shows them both in WD Drive Utilities. I’ve run Status checks and they are both fine. Both have big green arrows on them. It says they are both unlocked in WD Security. However, in WD Smartware it shows one drive, the original one, as there, but with a red cross over it and showing no files or anything. The other drive is not even on there!!
Can someone please, please get back to me with some way of sorting this out.
Many Thanks in Anticipation
Gray

HI,

Do you have WD Discovery? This should show the drives under Devices and Apps to use them. Download from WD if not available and WD Backup, which more or less replaces WD Smartware. It may seem slow, but leave it running overnight if necessary. The files you saved on WD Smartware should still be available.

Cliff

Thanks for that. I’ve downloaded the Back-Up program and all seems to be working now.
As an absolute layman with regard to Backing up stuff automatically, don’t you think overall process could be explained better and simpler. Plus having all the necessary programs clearly marked for download would be so much easier. As it is I have WD programs all over my machine now. I have 10 WD Processes running in my Task Manager, three of them being WD Discovery.exe 32.
Should they be there?

Hi grayuk ,

For better understanding , please confirm the drive which you have. As you mentioned its working fine, you can stop all the processes and then just open the program which you want to use. It will not make any difference if you stop all the process of WD programs.

Thanks!