What to do with extras, trailers etc.?

I used to have a IO-BOX 100, it’s a PCH clone. IOB used HTML sheets for what we call Movie sheets. The “sheets” had links embeded that pointed to the movie/extras/etc. I am well aware of the functioning of our themes and jpg sheets and their limitations. What is the best naming conventions, and Thumbgen setups to make a usefull setup to get it all done?

Hi there, try to contact Timwarble, he’s the best  guy to help in here.

I appreciate that you are the only drive-by that made any suggestions at all. I have given kudos before, as you can see by my signature, I believe in giving thanks to all who contribute.

As for TW, he’s a busy person that has given me help personally in the past. He’s got a lot of things going on with his themes and help threads. This one I was looking for one of those tvshow/episode gurus that might have some insight into naming or structure that could give some help.

I’m sure if TW had some nifty ideas, he would had left a note, as active as he is on this board I’m sure he’s already been here and gone. :smiley:

Hey zam,

If you just looking for how to structure you TV shows, probably the best way is to do it like so:

TV show (folder)

Season 1 (folder)

Showname S01E01.ext

Showname S01E02.ext

and so on.

Season 2 (folder)

Showname S02E01.ext

Showname S02E02.ext

and so on.

You can also name each file (and the way I do it) with the Episode title, like so:

Showname S01E01 - Episode title.ext

As far as your comment in the first post about your IMO and html moviesheets, I’m not sure if you were asking a question, but you can’t use the same embedding as a html moviesheet.  All movie data has to be pulled from the metadata xml.

Also, setting up TG for generating TV show data is really more complicated than can be addressed in this forum, but if you take a look at this TUTORIAL it might get you started.  This tutorial is a little out of date, because I haven’t had a chance to update it in sometime, but it will give you some clues on what you need to do.

1 Like

I’m not doing TV shows, just looking for a similar routine to handle out takes, bonus scenes, extras, coming attractions, etc. Something like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58519084@N05/6028447152/in/photostream

• Movies -folder
  •     Dune -folder
  •     Prince Of Persia -folder
  •         folder.jpg -POP cover thumnail
  •         Prince Of Persia.mkv
  •         Prince Of Persia.xml
  •         Prince Of Persia.jpg
  •         MakingOfPart1.mkv
  •         MakingOfPart1.jpg
  •         MakingOfPart2.mkv
  •         MakingOfPart2.jpg
  •         CastInterviews.mkv
  •         CastInterviews.jpd
  •         ComingSoon1.mkv
  •         ComingSoon1.jpg
  •         ComingSoon2.mkv
  •         ComingSoon2.jpg
  •     WatchMen -folder

or maybe

• Prince Of Persia -folder
  •     folder.jpg -POP cover thumnail
  •          Prince Of Persia -folder
  •              folder.jpg -POP cover thumnail
  •              Prince Of Persia.mkv
  •              Prince Of Persia.xml
  •              Prince Of Persia.jpg 
  •              MakingOfPart1.mkv
  •              MakingOfPart1.jpg
  •              MakingOfPart2.mkv
  •              MakingOfPart2.jpg
  •              CastInterviews.mkv
  •              CastInterviews.jpd
  •              ComingSoon1.mkv
  •              ComingSoon1.jpg
  •              ComingSoon2.mkv
  •              ComingSoon2.jpg
  • Or I could place each extra/etc. In it’s own sub-directory with fixed covers named as above with folder.jpg showing a fixed semi-graphic cover from a library of made up covers with standard labels like above.

The reason I mentioned TV shows is because you stated:

"This one I was looking for one of those tvshow/episode gurus that might have some insight into naming or structure that could give some help.

But anyway, how you structure your files is really up to you.  There’s really no right way or best way, however you decide to do it just make sure that you can easily find your files. 

If WD would ever fix the issue with the metadata not showing up for folder and not being able to have transparency for folder thumbs, then this would be easier.  Until then though, for the HUB to display multiple thumbs, you need to have as many files in one folder as possible.