Heh. It was more of a rant than anything else…
Here’s a list of all the things I tried that didn’t work (in no particular order)
- I deleted all the shares and re-added them. (Unshared the re-shared.)
- I added a password to my admin account and turned on PW protected sharing, and tried those credentials.
- I erased an entire volume and restored it from a GHOST image from the day before.
- I set the WDTV back to factory defaults, left in unpowered for 10 minutes, and reconfigured it.
- I un-installed all the Windows updates that it’d let me remove.
Ultimately, what got me working was the “Registry Tweak” that’s been discussed ad nauseam.
I’m curious if that registry setting got changed somehow.
For the sake of discussion, here’s what was changed:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\everyoneincludesanonymous (changed 0 to 1)
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManServer\Parameters\restrictnullsessaccess (changed from 1 to 0)
If anyone else is running Win7x64 shares with NO ISSUES (and no prior registry tweaks) wouldn’t mind checking these keys to see if, for whatever reason, those values are already set?
Anywho, I guess I’m back in business, but I hate that I had to muck with the registry…