What SSD should I get?

I want to upgrade my Dell 24-3455 to SSD, 500gb or 1tb…Looking for part numbers for these.
ty,
dOc

Machine seems to use SATA and most likely 2TB will be the max unless the machine has UEFI support in which case 8TB is possible

OP is after either 500GB or 1TB … so he/she will be fine

WD don’t make 8TB SSD’s do they ? largest i found was 4TB

The 8TB models are slowly ramping up in the market so WDC might have one yet but I expect they will soon enough

Would I be able to use a 1TB SSD. If so, what is the model number of it?

Well, keeping in consideration the extensive research I did over the period of time that made me take the buying decision of an SSD for my laptop just a few hours ago, I would state that when it comes to buying an SSD, one of the most crucial factors that influences the decision of purchase is its configuration and the purpose it serves -

• Physical Form of the SSD and its configuration

To appeal to the requirements of all kinds of users, consumer grade SSDs are available in the market in two iterations - Internal and External.
Internal SSD -
It finds its application inside the chassis of the computer and is installed in either a PCIe or a SATA slot. This iteration of primarily functions as boot up drive for the operating system.
The three configurations, namely, M.2 NVMe, M.2 SATA and 2.5 inch SATA are the physical form factors one can purchase an Internal SSD in.

• 2.5 inch SATA:- A traditional 2.5 inch SATA SSD is a widely popular choice among buyers due to the fact that it sits right in the Hard Disk Drive slot of a computer. In most cases, the user replaces the in-built hard drive of the computer and affixes an SSD in its place to take advantage of exponentially fast read/write speeds of an SSD in comparison to that of a HDD. Again, the main deterrent in achieving read/write speeds as that of an NVMe SSD is the SATA interface.
  • M.2 NVMe PCIe:- A PCIe based SSD has the fastest read/write speeds of the lot, up to 3500 MBps. Such great speeds are a virtue of the high-bandwidth PCIe connection interface between the SSD and the motherboard of the computer. An NVMe SSD has a form factor of a small rectangular slate and it sits inside its dedicated slot inside the chassis of the computer.
  • M.2 SATA:- SATA is an older generation of interface and the major bottleneck about such interface is its supported read/write speeds.
    SATA supports speeds of up to 600MBps. In form factor, an M.2 SATA based SSD highly resembles an NVMe SSD.
    External SSD -
    An external SSD connects with the computer externally via a USB port. By virtue of its easy connectivity with the computer, an external SSD is highly portable in nature and often functions as a mass data storage device which one can carry along if one is a frequent traveller and requires to make use of the data on the go or if one requires to share data of one computer with another. Another area where an external SSD shines is serving as a backup drive to the internal SSD.