What kind of junk is this?

A year or so ago I bought a Western Digital My Book Essential External Hard Drive.  It crashed, don’t know from what but it had my journals my projects and my worrk accounts all gone.  [deleted - privacy violation] I got back a thinner peice of junk which I had to go threw a mile of downloads and back door tactics to even get to see that my stuff wasn’t there.  this My passport Studio is the same size HDD but it doesn’t work and hasn’t since I got it.  I’ve tried the firewire, the usb plugs and neither work on my system 64.  So all I really want to do is send this peicwe of junk back to WD, I never want to here from them ever again.  I’ll pay more for Seagate or something else but never WD or anything else they may produce.

dissatisfied!!!

Hi there! Passport Studio? Did you FIRST format it before even trying to use it? That drive is Mac-ready and would never work on a PC until you format it…

Don’t use Seagate. They are worse. I lost my entire 900 gig library  to one of their drives and they refused to even replace the drive let alone try to recover my Library of super rare audio and video files.

Well as Mark Twain said “The man who sets out to carry a cat by the tail learns something
that will always be useful and which never will grow dim or doubtful.” Hopefully you learned never to trust one drive internal or external no matter who makes it.

Joe

1 Like