What is the point of locking threads?

Thanks

Ill look forward to it

I’ve noticed an issue with the new firmware, my drive no longer enters the ’ drive sleep ’ power saving mode. For a device that has no off switch this is a rather important feature.

My drive is 100% stock with no changes, packages added or access via SSH.

Finguz wrote:

I’ve noticed an issue with the new firmware, my drive no longer enters the ’ drive sleep ’ power saving mode. For a device that has no off switch this is a rather important feature.

My drive is 100% stock with no changes, packages added or access via SSH.

Mine entered sleep about 45 minutes after the upgrade was done.

Are you sure Twonky & wdmcserver aren’t still busy re-indexing your drive?

1 Like

Yes I’m sure, also found the fix in another thread. The update had disabled my NTP settings, now re-enabled and ’ drive sleep ’ is working as it should.

Thanks for the reply though, I appreciate you trying to help!

pinax wrote:

Bill_S wrote:> There have been only a handful of users, like yourself, that have not had issues because of messing with SSH.

I don’t understand how you could even really know that. Did you conduct some kind customer poll with a representative random sample of My Cloud buyers?

The “handful of users” (like myself) who are having trouble without practicing SSH witchcraft are only the ones that you’ve heard from.

The point of my previous comment was that you would expect the Linux geeks to be loud and over-represented on this forum. That’s what geeks do.

Many rank-and-file My Cloud consumers, with busy day-to-day lives and no knowledge of command line stuff, don’t have time, patience, or maybe even know-how to drill through forum thread after forum thread. Heck, even those of us like me here can’t understand half the posts, because they’re written in geek-speak for Linux freaks.

There’s nothing special about my My Cloud configuration or my network or my Mac or anything. Everything’s runs well and is up-to-date. I’m not doing anything weird with it. There’s no reason on Earth to think that we’re a special case. Rest assured, there are many more out there who aren’t poking around on forums wondering just what the heck happened overnight.

You shouldn’t really be putting people down because they are more knowledgeable about a subject that doesn’t matter to you.  It’s a good way to get flamed in a forum.  And your posts removed for being disrespectful to others. 

Having said that, I never said that you were a “special case.”  What I did say is that most of the issues we found at the time we posted what we posted had to do with SSH and 3rd party installations.  I also never said there were no issues with other users from the firmware update.  But, I will say that we are sorting through what users are experiencing from this update to determine what issues there really are.  And we do really appreciate the help you, and the other users, can give us as we work with you through support.