What is the My Cloud OS 5 limited public release?

The My Cloud OS 5 limited public release is for the users of My Cloud NAS devices to try out the new software prior to its official release. The new My Cloud OS 5 update will feature security updates to help keep your content safe. It will also feature lots of changes such as a new and improved mobile and mycloud.com web app, new cloud access support, and more. We will be posting new software for the early users who wish to try out in the next several weeks prior to the official release.

Which My Cloud devices are available with My Cloud OS 5?

The following My Cloud NAS devices can be updated with My Cloud OS 5:

• My Cloud Mirror (Gen 2)
  • My Cloud EX2 Ultra
  • My Cloud EX4100
  • My Cloud EX2100
  • My Cloud PR2100
  • My Cloud PR4100
  • My Cloud (Firmware 2.x)
  • My Cloud DL2100
  • My Cloud DL4100

Other platforms may be available at a later date. We will let you know when the new software is made available.

What are the changes in the new My Cloud OS 5?

Besides security updates, the new cloud access service will offer a new iOS and Android mobile app and mycloud.com web app that comes with a brand-new user interface for improved user experience. However, a few features and apps from My Cloud OS 3 will no longer be available. Before upgrading, please review this Knowledge Base article for more details.

What will happen to my content and settings if I update to My Cloud OS 5?

The update to My Cloud OS 5 will not impact your content. All of your data will remain in your My Cloud device just as how it has been. Please note, once you migrate to My Cloud OS 5, you will not be able to use My Cloud OS 3 applications with the My Cloud OS 5 devices, and you will need to configure your device to set up cloud access with My Cloud OS 5. Please note that once you update to My Cloud OS 5, you will not be able to revert back to My Cloud OS 3.

Will the new My Cloud OS 5 mobile and mycloud.com web app be backward compatible with the My Cloud OS 3?

No, the new My Cloud OS5 mobile and mycloud.com web app will not be backward compatible with your My Cloud OS 3 devices.

Will the new My Cloud OS 5 mobile app overwrite the My Cloud OS 3 mobile app?

No, the new My Cloud OS5 mobile app will not overwrite the My Cloud OS 3 mobile app. They are two separate apps. NOTE: The My Cloud OS 3 mobile app is not compatible with My Cloud OS 5.

What happens to the content I shared with other people?

All of your shared data will still be stored in your My Cloud NAS device accessible from the local computers. However, once you update to the new My Cloud OS 5, the people you’ve shared the content with will no longer be able to access the content. You will need to re-share that content once you’ve updated it to My Cloud OS 5.

How do I report an issue/bug I discovered?

You can post your findings here on this community page. Our team will review this page periodically and provide feedback during the phase of Limited Public Release.

When will My Cloud OS 5 be available?

The official update to My Cloud OS 5 will take place in late 2020. The update will be rolled out to each eligible device at a different time. You will receive a notification from WD when your device is ready for the update.

Can I continue to use the My Cloud OS 5 software after the official release?

Yes. You can continue to use the My Cloud OS 5 software after Limited Public Release has ended. Your device will be updated to the official release. Please note that once you update to My Cloud OS 5, you will not be able to revert back to My Cloud OS 3.

Can I keep using the My Cloud OS 3 mobile and mycloud.com web app to access my updated My Cloud OS 5 device?

No, the My Cloud OS 3 mobile and mycloud.com web app is not compatible with My Cloud OS 5. After you update your device to My Cloud OS 5, you will need to use the new My Cloud OS 5 mobile app and the new mycloud.com web app with your My Cloud OS 5 device. Please note that once you update to My Cloud OS 5, you will not be able to revert back to My Cloud OS 3.