Before I can decide with of the “WD MY Cloud” is the right device for me (before I buy it) I have some questions:
Did the “My Cloud Mirror” also support the shutdown mode and WOL. (There is no dedicated hint in the datasheets of the “My Cloud Mirror”.)
How did the “My Cloud” decide to shut down:
- Is there a timeout without accesses to the “My Cloud”?
- Or how did the “My Cloud” recognize that there are no other devices on the LAN that want to access to the Storage?
- How did it works with Win7-PC, Samsung TV and android tablets and different mobile phones?
- Or it is only possible the set one fix Power Schedule to define the power down time?
- How did the WOL works:
- Is there a power over Ethernet (POE) necessary?
- Or is there a tool (or APP) on every device necessary that send cyclic a keep alive telegram over LAN?
- In the user manual I read something about the “WD Quick View”.
- And it is possible to wake up the “My Cloud” with WOL outside of the Start-Time (Power Schedule)?
- Is the power consumption of the “My Cloud Mirror” the same as in the Technical Specifications of the “My Cloud EX2”?
- Power off (WOL enable): 1.05W
- Standby mode: 10.2W
- Idle mode: 16.7W
- Full operation: 21.3W
Can somebody answer me these questions (short answers are sufficient) or is there a document that describes the energy saving behavior for this devices?
Thank your for your effort.