What happenes when my book live gets to 100%

what happens when my live book gets to 100%?

100% of what?

kentime wrote:

what happens when my live book gets to 100%?

Must be the “Content Scan” panel as that is the only item that shows as a percentage. When your content Scan is completed, if you load up the photo-app on your smartphone, you can see thumbnails. Other items like DLNA will show your movies with a picture, itunes will know where all your mp3’s are stored and so on. 

In addition,  you will have all or some of these hidden directories .wdmc, .twonky .nflc_data. in every single directory of your hard drive.

Also when it gets to 100%… all of a sudden your WD drive will become eerily silent and possibly it might even sleep up to 10 minutes at a time, before checking if you have added anymore files for it to scan.

You will also notice that copying files to and from the device will be faster.

However with all this said, the content scan might never complete as my old WD Live took more then two years to scan through my 2TB of media and it never completed since I decided to SSH into the device to stopped the scanning.

It all depends on the type of data that you have. With the latest firmware update, WD is getting better at their scanning, but it can get stuck once in awhile on a bit of ragged photo.

Good luck on your device reaching the goal of 100%… and you will know it by the sudden silence in which you will peer at it from all sides, to see if it is still alive?

sorry i should have said 100% full

Bad things happen. Never let a NAS get 100% full. Always leave a few gigs empty.

kentime wrote:

Well the answer to that one would be… 

you will get an error message saying your Volume is full.

however you might get this message if your device keeps disconnecting.

Ralphael wrote:

kentime wrote:

Sorry, I can not understand your answer.> And believe Tony, HE is the expert !!> But you might explain us how you do feed your two WD drives and how kudo points do contribute to that misterious task???

Count_Dooku wrote:

Ralphael wrote:

kentime wrote:

Sorry, I can not understand your answer.> And believe Tony, HE is the expert !!> But you might explain us how you do feed your two WD drives and how kudo points do contribute to that misterious task???

Just covering the bases here, if the reason that the user is posting up this question is asking because he is getting a drive full error on a drive not full, then the answer possibly might be a disconnection causing a drive full error.

and yes Tony is the expert… 

and must you question my quips that allows me to earn kudo points? I figure asking for a kudo point is too blantantly blunt, thus feeding my two WD drives plays on the generosity and sympathy of feeding poor little hungry drives. 

Sorry Ralph, your explication is much too labyrinthine for my brain, so please answer each of my simple questions by a simple phrase

• How do you feed your two WD drives?

• How do kudo points contribute to that task?

Thank you :wink: !!

:laughing:

Count_Dooku wrote:

Sorry Ralph, your explication is much too labyrinthine for my brain, so please answer each of my simple questions by a simple phrase

1. I feed my two WD drives with scripts and tidbits of info from the forums

2. kudo points provides the incentive to stay , read and write said scripts and tidbits of info from the forums, otherwise they just sit on the shelves being Nas’es forever like my WD live which never got fed until just before I sold it.

3. however, although I appreciate your kudos Count_Dooku, you are overfeeding causing a feeling of bloat… I need to work for my kudos… thanks 

Ralphael wrote:

Count_Dooku wrote:

1. I feed my two WD drives with scripts and tidbits of info from the forums
  1. kudo points provides the incentive to stay , read and write said scripts and tidbits of info from the forums, otherwise they just sit on the shelves being Nas’es forever like my WD live which never got fed until just before I sold it.
  1. however, although I appreciate your kudos Count_Dooku, you are overfeeding causing a feeling of bloat… I need to work for my kudos… thanks 

Thanks, now I understood. Although I doubt that your babies got a feeling of bloat I will put them on diet from now on :laughing: