What happen with my wd?

Hi admin,

My wd drive is not working now. When i connect it to computer, it have no thing. How to solve?

WD S/N:  

Thanks,

Sorry to hear that you book died.  Mine did also, 9 mos old.   called support, got someone who just about understood english.  They told me that my disk is discoed and they sent me a refurb some thing.  When it arrived all bang up and a real mess, I was going to send it back, but I have too many pictures on the iMac so with a pair of rosary beads on the unit, I opened the box, it was already open.  No power supply, no cables,  no instructions on how to make the it work.  It booted up, applause please, but wait no firewire input.  No cable with unit, so a  trip to best buy to get a rj45 cable.  Got one, and it has to shielded cable.  Time to abandon it, it needs a router to work.  Well back to best buy for a router, the gentlemen at best buy was able to download a book of instructions.  It has a cloud, (do not need it) It can talk to the world (do not need it)

it has  email (do not need it)  finally I realize it is **bleep**, a worthless piece of dung.  All I NEEDED IS A TIME MACHINE, THIS IS A STAND ALONE MAC.  Back to best buy with the manual and we finally realize I need some software, and the firmware is out of date.  Well while repacking this nightmare, I was using the manual to protect it (they just dropped in a box and shipped it) I noticed something about time machine.  Well I had to factory upgrade the unit, then I factored loaded the system that took 5 hours to load.  Well its working, it is very slow, it causes Imax to freeze, when it is saving data the Mac is locked out and I can do nothing for 10 minutes or more.

So my friend, lick your wounds, and replace that unit.  A real unit will cost more but that the lesson we learn, forget tech support or a rma,   Never Never again will I buy a WD system.

Pop

poppopkelly wrote:

Sorry to hear that you book died.  Mine did also, 9 mos old.   called support, got someone who just about understood english.  They told me that my disk is discoed and they sent me a refurb some thing.  When it arrived all bang up and a real mess, I was going to send it back, but I have too many pictures on the iMac so with a pair of rosary beads on the unit, I opened the box, it was already open.  No power supply, no cables,  no instructions on how to make the it work.  It booted up, applause please, but wait no firewire input.  No cable with unit, so a  trip to best buy to get a rj45 cable.  Got one, and it has to shielded cable.  Time to abandon it, it needs a router to work.  Well back to best buy for a router, the gentlemen at best buy was able to download a book of instructions.  It has a cloud, (do not need it) It can talk to the world (do not need it)

it has  email (do not need it)  finally I realize it is **bleep**, a worthless piece of dung.  All I NEEDED IS A TIME MACHINE, THIS IS A STAND ALONE MAC.  Back to best buy with the manual and we finally realize I need some software, and the firmware is out of date.  Well while repacking this nightmare, I was using the manual to protect it (they just dropped in a box and shipped it) I noticed something about time machine.  Well I had to factory upgrade the unit, then I factored loaded the system that took 5 hours to load.  Well its working, it is very slow, it causes Imax to freeze, when it is saving data the Mac is locked out and I can do nothing for 10 minutes or more.

So my friend, lick your wounds, and replace that unit.  A real unit will cost more but that the lesson we learn, forget tech support or a rma,   Never Never again will I buy a WD system.

Pop

We understand your frustration and will like to make sure this situation is rectified.

This is by no means common when a drive gets replaced.

In your case, looks like you got a different unit than the one you replaced.

This issue can get resolved by checking with the RMA department.

Please provide me with the model number for the drive you received so we can get you a set of instructions that will allow you to get an optimal performance from that unit.

dunghda wrote:

Hi admin,

My wd drive is not working now. When i connect it to computer, it have no thing. How to solve?

WD S/N:  

Thanks,

Try the steps provided on the following link:

WD external drive is not assigned a drive letter by Windows or Mac OSX and data on the drive is inaccessible

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1164

Well without going into a drama production, problem solved.  One new Apple Time Capsule in now in place and it works  without noise, smell, causing problems .  Now what to do with this unit?  Well to bad it is raining, otherwise I would take it to the range and test it on the 600  meter range.  Lets see what takes place very little faith in WD as to fixing or correcting a wrong.  

tim