What file system does the WD40000A4NC use, xfs, ext3, or ext4?

What file system does the WD40000A4NC use, xfs, ext3, or ext4?

Hello,

I believe it is EXT2 but you should contact WD support directly in order to verify this.

Thanks Hamlet for the response. Because of the age of this NAS, I’m hoping it is EXT3, but it certainly could be EXT2.

I have checked with WD NAS support at 855.842.5370. The first person told me NFS. I explained that I believe NFS is the system used to communicate between the WD NAS and PCs on the network, but it is not what is used to format, read and write the NAS hard drives. I called back and the next person explained how to replace drives and I thanked them, but explained that my question is what file system is used in the ShareSpace NAS to format, read, and write to the internal NAS hard drives. I was put on hold and he came back and said it is likely EXT2 or EXT3. That is the best I can expect from WD technical support.

BTW, the 207 page manual for this model does not state what is used.

Good news. I just finished talking with [Deleted] WD Level II support and he confirmed with one of the developers that the ShareSpace model WD4000A4NC-00 external NAS uses EXT3.