What driver?

Hi everybody

Just bought a WD Essential 2tb, that works perfectly on my Mac. However, I need to connect it to my pc aswell. And this wont work… I downloaded the SES-driver from the support page, and I´m not even sure if that was what I needed. Needless to say, it still doesn´t work. Can anyone help me out?

A drive formatted for Mac won’t show on Windows without other software. Check this link http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-Portable-Drives/unwritable-drive/td-p/435872 see post 6. It will probably be easier to reformat NTFS for Windows and use one of those programs. I don’t think there are free ones for Windows to Mac.

Joe

Thanks for your support, bro.

However, I don´t get it: do I need to reformat the (WD-)drive to be able to plug it in to my pc? I got this external drive, only because it is supposed to work on both Windows and Mac. But it doesn´t appear in explorer the way my other external drives does. As far as I can tell, what I needed was to download the proper driver-routines to make this work. I don´t know if it was the right thing to do, to get the “SES-driver”. To be honest, I haven´t got a clue what that is.

Any ideas?