What does "system only factory restore" do? what about network settings?

The following was listed as a “solution” to the problem of not being able to delete users.  Before I do a system restore, I need to know exactly what will be restored.  I have made several network setting changes that I don’t want to have to re-do.  Please advise.  thanks.

Hello, try doing a system only factory restore. 

How to restore a WD My Cloud, Mirror, EX2, or EX4 Personal Cloud drive to factory default settings

The first time you turn on your EX2, there are several operating system files and directories copied over from the firmware. When you do the system restore, it copies them over again. Your own data remains intact…system restore does not change that part. Though I believe the settings for your shares, like which users have permissions or whether to keep ftp on the share, etc. may be reset (I’m not sure)…the settings on your shares may or may not survive the system restore. BTW, I believe there is a way to export and later import your settings (I think from the dashboard)…don’t know how reliable it is…I have seen a thread or two with people reporting that on importing their old settings, not everything were restored.