What does it mean?

WDTVLIVEHUB - currently in use

Why does my hub display like this in windows?

Photobucket

The Media Devices is showing the Hubs media server is switched on and I assume that you’re using the Hub to play something, so it is in use. The other Computer listing is showing the physical network shares.

Exactly what I thought it ment.

So now the question is, why does it show in use when it is not in use. When I capped that screen shot the Hub was in standby, off as some call it and no one else was accessing it.

flhthemi wrote:

So now the question is, why does it show in use when it is not in use. When I capped that screen shot the Hub was in standby, off as some call it and no one else was accessing it.

Was it totally off (unplugged / deep standby - long press of remote off) or in simple NAS mode (short press of remote off).

flhthemi,

The reason the HUB shows up like that is because the HUB is part of your workgroup.  In standby mode the HUB is still accessable as part of your workgroup so it will show up under Network.

The reason for this is so that you can access your files on the HUB even when it’s in standby.

You can also access the HUB in standby if you map it as a network drive.

richUK wrote:

Was it totally off (unplugged / deep standby - long press of remote off) or in simple NAS mode (short press of remote off).

Standby mode (short press as you call it)

I think Tin has it right. But I just mapped it and went to it and watched an entire movie from the hub to my PC. It never changed from NOT displaying “in use” to displaying “in use.” Seems that may not be what triggers it. Don’t guess it really matters as I have never NOT been able to use it whither or not the “in use” is displayed. Maybe windowz is just slow at updating the status.

It’s no big deal I was just wondering about it…

flhthemi wrote:

It’s interesting, I have the Live Hub showing in COMPUTER and MEDIA DEVICES, but I don’t have the Twonky showing up and my Hub is only shown as currently in use when it’s playing music. I have the DLNA server enabled. Maybe the Hub is accessing something in the background or one of your PCs is accessing it.

Well…at the time that capture was made nothing that I know of was using the hub.

It’s a mystery to me for sure but it’s not stopping anything from happening.