What did i get myself into? ? re: .mov clips

I’m having an awful time trying to move files from the mac to mycloud. my startup disc is full.  Therefore, I have to move things to mycloud in safe mode.  I moved the little video clips my daughter took at recitals/concerts to mycloud, but they are not playing back from any device.  Did I do something wrong? Is it even possible for them to be played back from mcycloud? Do I need a special program?  I’m computer illiterate.  I’ve been trying to read other posts but am  getting extremely confused.

Thanks so much for any help/advice/direction you can give!

If the files are sitting pretty on mycloud then in theory any media player should be able to play them if it supports the format . I take movie with my DSLR and they are in MOV format. From Ipad any media player should play them but it is not the case. Some media players are better than others. For example VLC is brilliant on Ipad mini but chokes on MOV format. On the other hand Vidon player, or Twonky Beam plays them nicely. Xbox can play them but not supported on PS3.

Just look for the player that can play them and make sure yo have a reasonable network speed to playback .  How are you playing them? which device?

Thank you for your response.

I’m not really sure what I’m using to play back,nor do I know if they were moved to mycloud the correct way.

I bring up the mycloud application on my mac, my android phone, and my ipod touch and try to play it. None of them play correctly.  The ipod touch shows the Quicktime logo and it looks like something is playing back yet there is no video. 

The others give me a message that it can’t be played.

I know there can be a million things wrong, I just don’t know how to narrow it down.  If you are saying I should be able to transfer movies and watch movies via my cloud from any of the devices I have attached, then that is one possiblitly I can scratch off the list. Thank you.

any other suggestions?

BTW, I’m also trying to bring photos from iphoto over to the mycloud, but am having trouble with that as well.  I can drag them over from the pictures folder but not from iphoto.

ctblubird wrote:

Thank you for your response.

I’m not really sure what I’m using to play back,nor do I know if they were moved to mycloud the correct way.

I bring up the mycloud application on my mac, my android phone, and my ipod touch and try to play it. None of them play correctly.  The ipod touch shows the Quicktime logo and it looks like something is playing back yet there is no video. 

The others give me a message that it can’t be played.

I know there can be a million things wrong, I just don’t know how to narrow it down.  If you are saying I should be able to transfer movies and watch movies via my cloud from any of the devices I have attached, then that is one possiblitly I can scratch off the list. Thank you.

any other suggestions?

BTW, I’m also trying to bring photos from iphoto over to the mycloud, but am having trouble with that as well.  I can drag them over from the pictures folder but not from iphoto.

What I am saying is that some apps will play better than other and mycloud app will not play MOV correctly. It chockes badly.

One of the app that I use to play correctly on my ipad is Vidon Player and I am also happy with Twonky Beam for IOS. Try that it is free.