What actual speed of WD TV Live Hub?

You’re right - it is ELIZA!

@werner33 - please rather than just quoting the post, answer the questions. Then we can help you.

Thanks !

I see all WD TV Live Hub works as how one can with my device.

I enjoy WD TV Live Hub as how I can. And I see my TV-set is not new, and my computer is not best and not new .

And my composite connections between  all  components is not best unfortunately .

why is that from my pc to the hub is at 10mb/s and from my pc to a HDD connected to the hub is 5mb/s ?

why is the hub making this limitation ?

The answers in the 100’s of threads on the site…

Hi azt3c ,
What PC and HDD you use ?

@wdtvhub how about being a nice person to the new guy and at least providing a link to one of those answers with your snarky, condecending remark?

I think the point is that searching before posting would well have found the answer.

In wdtvhub’s support - why should he waste his time doing the search for every new poster, when they can do it for themselves?

crogers1975

I think you are being a bit dramatic and descriptive on one line of text.

The OP has been a member since Feb, but there are 20 odd threads all about Hub speed, thats my point, and even answers in this thread. I also note you never searched and helped yourself, so behave yourself.

Product Specifications - Gigabit Ethernet

werner33 wrote:

Yes but CPU specification 500Mhz. Not ever get stunning performance out of that.

werner33 wrote:

That, as has already been said, is just the interface - the wiring standard and language if you like. It says nothing about how fast the device can transfer packets.

@wdtvhub just want the forums to remain a friendly place where people aren’t intimidated to post when they need help. I did a search on that topic btw. Its not as easy as you suggest to find information explaining the discrepancy in speeds between the hub and connected drives.

Does read the _Creators of WD TV Live Hub_ this forum?

What opinion from the Creators ?

Hello Creators , how are you?

@warner33 i have a thermaltake hhd dock with a 2TB HDD connecte to the WD live hub

Hi,

Best thing to do is don’t use dhcp from your router.

Configure the hub with a fixed ip adres.

the max speed is around 10 MB/s

regards Henk

Hi Henk,

you wrote:“_Best thing to do is don’t use dhcp from your router._”

Is in router to configure the hub with a fixed ip adress - in router?

Werner

I can get 8-9 megabytes per second if I connect wd to pc with an ethernet cable and the hub is off, with the hub on i get 4-5 megabytes per second, but verry often is about 3 megabytes per second.

Yes, really?

For the last 2 or 3 weeks, I have been in contact with WD over this issue as like many other users, I expected a device that is sold with a Gigabit Ethernet Interface to be capable of transferring at something in excess of 10MB/s. The email thread makes interesting reading. It appears even WD support are unaware of what the device should be capable of.

From sydh -

I am trying to achieve gigbit speeds with my media player. The unit is sold as a gigabit, but many people on the WD forums are stating this is incorrect. How do I achieve gigabit transfer speed. I am only managing 10MB/s.

[Deleted]

From sydh -

Your answer makes no sense. I have a gigabit network. All devices are gigabit. My transfer speeds on other devices on the network are around 80MB/s. I can only achieve 10MB/s with the media player.

[Deleted]

sydh -

1. Firmware upgrade made no difference.
    2.Reset made no difference.
  2. Tried 3 different cables including brand new Cat6.
  3. This is a new unit replaced under RMA. First unit had on/off switch problem, but also would only transfer at 10MB/s. I am not prepared to RMA again (especially as you refuse to compensate for £9 return postage cost). This appears to be a common fault on your forums. No one appears to be able to get gigabit speed. It appears you are mis-selling this device as a gigabit device.

[Deleted]

I am not holding my breath.

That’s what I see as well.

=============================================

Plesk90 said:  I can get 8-9 megabytes per second if I connect wd to pc with an ethernet cable and the hub is off, with the hub on i get 4-5 megabytes per second, but verry often is about 3 megabytes per second.