What account do you use to sign in with for network share?

How do you get past the screen that asks for account sign in and password when setting up to network share my PC and laptop.  This is driving me crazy:robotsurprised:  I am using Windows 7 on my HP Touchsmart PC and Windows Vista with my Dell laptop.  I’m using a wireless N USB card on the TV Live Plus media player to network with my PC and laptop.  Everything is working OK but the media player asks  for an account name & password in order to network share when I try to access both my PC and laptop.  Is this my network password  which I’ve entered for the wireless USB card, or a user account on my PC, or is it the homegroup network password?  I have created a user account for the media player with my main user account on the PC.  Both accounts do not have passwords.  All the resources I’ve been trying to use don’t give much clear direction.  I’ve tried all of these accounts and passwords and the unit is still asking for an account sign in and password.  I’d rather not have a password to enter since I’m the only user of the equipment.  If anyone know what I should do, I’d really appreciate it.  Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this problem.

Welcome to the forums.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/WDTV-FAQ/td-p/32135 has most of the things you need to try.  Once you’ve got it working, you can turn on “auto login” in the WD settings menu – until you do, make sure it is NOT turned on.