What a mess

Update -

I have just returned this poor device and wasted hours of my life with the worst product I have worked with in a long time, do not buy this product u will not be happy with it

What happened to the days where you could just access the management page by ip and setup what you need. Its been hours here and still cannot setup this thing, cant even get the ip address of this thing.

We want a simple to use system where we can change the ip, setup things like a normal device.

Not have to access this using some cloud and get almost no options.

2 Likes

@itstomd Won’t make it any better but you’re not alone.

WD My Cloud devices no more available (esp. 8 TB) I gave MyC Home a try - and immediately found myself in trouble. It’s a piece of hw & sw ■■■■ I never encountered before - designed for the stupid and inept - and to prevent any competent use of the device (as possible with My Cloud devices).

@WD Whoever thought this complete and utter mess a good idea: Until now I was a satisfied user of WD products (desktop and nas drives), but no more!

Being a single customer you won’t notice, so with all my heart: Fsck you and may you rot in hell!