We've detected that you may not be able to Access this device remotely

just bought this WD My Cloud 2 weeks back and while trying to install it using my laptop I get a message that says " We’ve detected that you may not be able to Access this device remotely" and gives me the option to continue with the installation process. After that I am only able to access the device from my laptop through writing the IP \169.254.24?.??? in the RUN window . I cannot access it from my android phone, from my WDTVLive nor from wife’s laptop or her phone as well. I cannot open the dashboard as it says in IE " You don’t have permission to access /UI on this server". I tried using the reset button several times but no good. anybody can help? 

I send en email to the support team but they did not respond

Here are some details in case you need them

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

My Router is STC Huawei Echolife HG532b Router/DSL Modem (UPNP is enabled)

My Cloud is connected through the original ethernet cable to the router and my laptop is connected wirelessly

Please Help

Try typing the address only in the address bar of IE, 169.254.24?.??? and then press Enter.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Forgotten wrote:

…After that I am only able to access the device from my laptop through writing the IP \169.254.24?.??? 

The address 169.254.x.x indicates your drive was not able to get an IP address from DHCP from your router.

You need to make sure your router has DHCP enabled.

OK

I did a full system restore of my modem (factory defaults) and power cycle of My Cloud and after that I was able to access the dashboard only from my laptop and only with IP address not the URL.

After that I configured it to use a static IP address and this enabled me to connect it to my WDTV and access it through my phone.

One thing remain is the internet access because it always says that I do not have an internet access although my internet connection is working perfectly