Western Digital WD VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX

Hello everyone! Newcomer here :laughing:

So anyways now, I have a bit of a problem I’m dealing with here that involves my new HDD. I had just bought a Western Digital VelociRapter WD6000HLHX 600GB 10,000 rpm bare drive via newegg.com that just came in on the 2/20/2013. Since I’ve had this drive however, I seem to be having problems with it be either some difficultly installing the OS (Windows 7 Pro 64-bit) at first. I was able to get it fully installed after retying a hand full of times!

Since then the system acts like it’s sluggish or slow to  

Respond to applications, taking well over 5-13 seconds to load up? I’ve ran both Western Digital Data LifeGuard Diagnostics, and Windows disk check; all came back clear and with no problems. I also checked my RAM just to see if there were any problems there. All good. So, I’m just curious to know what anyone would believe is going on here, or that something else it causing this. I’m kinda getting to the point to where I just want to send it back and get a refund. Can anyone help?

Hi I have 2 of those drives and they are not slow, the boot up time was much faster than a 7200 RPM drive , I would try a copy of hard disk sentinel or HD tune pro and run a test on the drive also check the smart data for anything strange like power on hours more than what you have used also bad sector or reallocated sectors. And was the drive in a factory sealed antistatic bag not a antistatic bad that was folded over with a sticker.