Western Digital TV Live HD Media Player

Hi I recently purchased the Sumvision media player 2, which was completely useless, this was because it didn’t support my Panasonic TV, and this apparently is a common problem. However I saw the Western Digital TV Live HD Media Player, my question is does this support Panasonic Plasma TVs.

In general, yes.   I have a Panasonic Viera purchased in 2006.   Don’t know the model number off hand.   It works fine.   But your mileage may vary, since Panasonic has hundreds of models…

I would agree with Tony. If you have a Panasonic that was made in the last few years you most likely will not have any problems at all. I have an older Panasonic Plasma TV that works very well with the WD box, however it does have an issue. When I turn the WD box on, the hdmi video output frequently powers up set at 720p (which my TV does not support). I have to go into the WD setup to set the output back to 1080i.

With a newer model TV there should be no issues at all, but even if you do have an issue, I think it will be something like what I have described above… nothing that would prevent it from working.

I have a Panasonic Viera 1080p plasma (model TH-C42FD18) and have no issues with my Live players.

Purchased about 2-3 years ago, so the model is about 3 years old, maybe more.