Western Digital needs to provide simple software solution to extract data from .wsi / .dsi backup files when SmartWare won't!

Too many posts on these forums about how we can’t recover our backups using the provided software, yet there all of the data sits on our WD products, perfectly viewable from Windows File Explorer, but perfectly worthless because no software ever written from the dawn of computing seems to be able to un-encrypt our data from these files. No, I don’t seem to have a .swstor file to easily access my files from. What happened to it? I don’t know. But I know that my data still exists, just out of reach. Thanks WD. I am so very inspired to purchase your products in the future.

You guys know how to decode this data. Give us a tool to do it when your bug-ridden software fails yet again. Please.

That is all.

The data is not encrypted. You can perfectly copy and paste the content of the backup folder back into your system.

Then you have not been using WD SmartWare or WD Backup to copy your files. There’s no other backup structure for those apps.