Western Digital My Cloud Pro4100: Is it compatible with the disk WD Red Pro WD8001FFWX?

Hello.
I want to assemble NAS.
Based on Western Digital My Cloud Pro4100.
He is contain 4 compartments for 3.5 disks. The maximum capacity of one disk is 8 TB.

A list of compatible disks on the site (https://support.wdc.com/product.aspx?ID=2706&lang=ru) shows the model WD Red Pro WD8001FFSX.
However, on sale I see only the model WD Red Pro WD8001FFWX.

Question: what is the difference between a disc WD8001FFSX and a disc WD8001FFWX?

Will the NAS Western Digital My Cloud Pro4100 (WDBNFA0320KBK) work with 4 discs WD Red Pro
WD8001FFWX?

Thanks in adwance.

Alexey

Yes, it will. The difference between the FFSX and FFWX drives is that FFSX drives have a 64MB cache and FFWX drives have a 128MB cache. WD is focusing more on drives with larger caches, but either series of drives would work.

Edit: I would argue that the WD Red Pro drives might be overkill in the PR4100 (I personally have found excellent performance with the non-Pro WD Red drives) but of course the ultimate decision is yours. I use a PR4100 with WD Red drives for my home (max 3 users accessing at once) use and WD Red Pro in a 10gbit unRAID device at work that is used by up to 8 users, both locally and remotely. Best of luck!

1 Like

Thank You, Tonyrayo!