Western Digital My Book POLICIES Optimize for quick removal vs Optimize for perfomance?

The photo I attached to this post is not of my Western Digital My Book 3TB drive but my main HARD DRIVE.

I decided to include it for REFFERENCE so the mods or someone who REALLY KNOWS can give me the RIGHT advice.

Which one should I use for my Western Digital My Book 3TB?

Optimize for quick removal

OR

Optimize for perfomance?

And also what about the other two options.

Enable write caching to disk

Enable Advanced performance

I am on Vista (Can’t stand Windows 7 or 8) 32bit. The options shown can be opened with the Device Manager, but selecting the disk and right clicking the Properties, under the Policies tab.

Thanks

***The photo I attached to this post is NOT of my Western Digital My Book 3TB drive but my main HARD DRIVE.

3-2-2014 5-10-16 AM.jpg

Hello,

Like always there is no correct answer for all cases, it really depends on what you prefer, as you can see the two options you refer to have their pros and cons, if you don’t like to click the safely eject icon, choose “Optimize for quick removal” if you prefer better performance “Optimize for performance”. As you can see the other options are the same, you trade better performance for a higher risk of data corruption.