Western Digital My Book Live Duo 4TB vs 6TB

Hey what’s up,

I’m awaiting delivery of 2x 4TB WD My Book Live Duo’s and regret not getting 2x 6TB. It’s my understanding the units are the same & both units are user serviceable & upgradedable/downgradable if desired but doe’s anyone have any good reson not to get the 6TB (3TB) Caviar Green Drives other than price ?

I’m on Windows XP Service Pck 3

The number 1 thing that bugs me is conversion from TB to TiB so 4TB mirrored is 1.8TiB & 6TB mirrored is 2.7Tib I just round them down to 1.5TB & 2.5TB so yeah… and are all  units deffiantly contain caviar green drives ?

Yes, both have caviar green drives, aside from the capacity they are exactly the same.

Ok, So both 2TB & 3TB Caviar’s have same amount of platters ? 4x 500GB & 4x 750GB ? Which hard drive has greastest RMA rate ?

At Dec 2012. This was received from WD.

The drives in the My Book Live (Network Drives) are indeed WD Red drives (Or NAS Drives) the My Book Drives (Direct attached storage DAS) are normally WD Green drives. 

Any Network Attached Storage device will use the WD Red drives as they are designed for network use. But the Direct ones will use different drives (Mostly Greens).

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further. 

Sincerely,

[Deleted]

Western Digital Service and Support

1Oll1Oll wrote:

At Dec 2012. This was received from WD.

The drives in the My Book Live (Network Drives) are indeed WD Red drives (Or NAS Drives) the My Book Drives (Direct attached storage DAS) are normally WD Green drives. 

Any Network Attached Storage device will use the WD Red drives as they are designed for network use. But the Direct ones will use different drives (Mostly Greens).

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further. 

Sincerely,

[Deleted]

Western Digital Service and Support

I doubt this is true.  I’ll believe it when verified by a user.

You certainly have been misinformed, as Tony says.  Please refer to our Knowledge Base article on this.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1704