Western digital my book essential 1TB usb 3.0/2.0 and ps3

I recently bought this harddrive and converted it to fat32 and added folders MUSIC, PHOTO, and VIDEO by following this instructions: How to Add an External Hard Drive to a PlayStation 3 - wikiHow. The ps3 doesn’t seem to recognised it. Am I missing something or does this harddrive not compatible with the ps3. If it’s not compatible, is there a harddrive that is over 1TB or 1.5TB that is compatible? thank

I have the same problem I bought the same model in Bestbuy (around 100 bucks). I used this link to format  it( http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm) and you know my PS3 slim read the HDD!!!, but just the first time…I tried with different software to format again (swissknife, fat32format, Easseus…guiformat again) and didn’t work.  So I changed for another WD less capacity (My Passport Essential 500GB) right now is working, lets see tomorrow.

Look in disk management. It has to be FAT32 logical not primary or anything else.

Joe

Well My Passport Essential 500GB still working with my PS3 slim but I don’t know about USB 3.0 because I have to plung 3 or 4 times…