Weird Files keep on appearing on root

Hi, Can someone give me any idea what are these files on the right of the screens. I keep on deleting them but they keep on reappearing.

Those look suspiciously like virus filenames.

Have you tried scanning them with an antivirus program using a known-clean PC?

How can I scan them, any idea? Do I use the mounted shares on my desktop & scan them with the regular antivirus?

hadye wrote:
How can I scan them, any idea? Do I use the mounted shares on my desktop & scan them with the regular antivirus?

Depending on your Antivirus you can do either. On (AVG) there is an option to scan a whole drive, a folder or a spercific file. I can then navigate through either a share to mycloud or through the network, I browse until it finds the mycloud device and then I go down  to the speific folder or file.

I have a MacBook Pro so my AVG is installed on my Win7 virtual machine through Parallel desktop. When I search for Mycloud it is not there so I can’t scan it.

However I copied the files to the desktop, in the same second they were copied, AVG identified one as a virus & the other as a Worm. The problem now that it can’t see My cloud in Network tab hence I can’t remove them.

I even installed the WD setup on the Virtual windows yet it didn’t locate Mycloud.

What do u think can be done now??

Another question, do I have to disconnect it from internet at least temporarily because of Heartbleed issue ?

Thanks for your help

You should be able to get to your MyCloud via the IP address in a browser. Check you router for  the IP address.

If the are reappearing after you delete them I would think one, or both, of your OS’es are infected. The VM Win7 can be scanned via your AVG anti-virus … not sure about a MacBook Pro.

Yes, you need to have your MyCloud internet access off-line until a fix is found for the Heart Bleed OpenSSL. At this point you do not know if your personal systems/files are infected or you have been hacked. Taking your MyCloud offline and cleaning you OS’es should tell you if it is your systems. I also would change all the passwords on the MyCloud, just to play it safe.

I was able to scan them & one of them which is identified as a trojan by AVG keep on appearing after being deleted every time

hadye wrote:
I was able to scan them & one of them which is identified as a trojan by AVG keep on appearing after being deleted every time

Is your PC clean?

its a Macbook & yes its clean, any other idea that we can think about 

You also need to make sure your virtual PC is clean.

they keep on appearing again, any Anti virus that can be used beside AVG?

Try malwarebytes antimalware, its free.