Weird file naming bug with My Cloud EX4

Hello,

I’m having a strange issue with my new My Cloud EX4 where I can’t create folder or file on NAS called “uploaded”.  Any other folder or file name appears to be OK.  

When I attempt to create a folder or file with this name, I get an Item Not Found error…doesn’t matter if the drive is mapped or if I’m using a UNC path.  Very strange.

In the example below, I created a file called “uploaded.txt” and then tried to rename the file to just “uploaded”

Can anyone else confirm if they have this issue?

11-19-2013 9-16-34 AM.jpg

This might be because there is already a folder called uploaded that is preconfigured on the device. This is created by the DLNA server.

Does the DLNA server reserve this name across all filesystems even when the DLNA server is disabled?  

I do not have DLNA enabled and I’ve tried creating this folder in every share (7 total) on my device at multiple file depths (root of share and multiple file levels deep) and encounter the same issue every time.

We have reserved this name across the board. I have asked the teams to only reserve it in the public directories, so look for this change in a future firmware update.